Dave and I spent the day working on the Corvette. Here's what was accomplished
- drain the rear end and replace with Redline gear oil
- removed the rear Konis from the car and replace with the stock shocks
- drained the transmission and replaced with redline
- drained/replace oil and filter, both with Mobil 1
- hack the stock radio to add a line in
- wash the car, clean off all of Dave's cone marks
#5 and #6 were done by myself, Dave had left by then. #5 involved splicing into the CD input line and wiring up a minijack input, I actually wired this into the back of the radio, I thought it was ingenious, but I figured out the error in my ways. The jack I used was one that when nothing was plugged into it would allow the CD audio to pass through normally. When a line was plugged in the jack input is used and the CD Audio is bypassed. Anyone see the err of my ways?
By mounting the jack in the back of the radio I effectively disabled the CD audio from working until the radio is removed and the minijack wire unplugged. This actually isn't a big deal for me, I never use the CD player anyways, and now I can listen to my Zune! Though I will most likely need to rewire or just unplug this before I sell the car, otherwise the next owner won't know WTF is going on.
Now it's time for a http://shirt.woot.com party, I'm meeting some guys from the office there. Race on Sunday!